Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Self Portait

1. I selected three pieces of art because I thought they were very interesting and creative pieces works of art. They really captured the individual’s true nature and beauty. I think these pieces are very intriguing and they it really forces you to look at the individuals expressions and posture in the pieces of art. 2. I selected the media to create my self image because I thought it would be the best way to capture different elements from my actual photo. I thought it was important to really capture the smile, hair, and facial expressions. I thought this media would show the best results. 3. The challenges I faced were having the correct sizes and shape of my head. I also faced trying to capture my slightly pivoted to the side. I also thought it was challenging capturing detail within my facial expressions. However, I overcame this by just trying by best and trying to have it become natural and let it flow. 4. This piece represents me because it describes my personality as a fun, outgoing person. I believe it is just a natural photo with no glitz or glamour. 5. The elements of art used in this piece are lines used within my facial expressions. I also used texture within my hair. Space is another element used to show distance within my facial features. Principles of art used are proportion to show the size relationship of my parts of my face to my whole head. I also used unity to work a sense of completion. 6. Yes, I really enjoyed working on this project. I thought it was interesting turning the focus on me rather than other people or objects. It was quite interesting and I liked it. 7. I thought my artwork was okay. I didn’t think it was the best artwork that I produced throughout the semester. However, I thought it was challenging and that is what I truly liked about it. I think my artwork was unique and almost added an abstract element to it. Berkshire Museum 1. Portrait of Ms. Raphael Pumpelly Year: 1887 Media: Oil on Canvas Size: 37”x 41” Artist: John Singer Sargent 2. Portrait of Thomas Cole Year: 1837 Media: Oil on Canvas Size: Unknown Artist: Asher B. Durand 3. Portrait of Zenas Crane Year: 1990-1928 Media: Oil on Canvas Size: Unknown Artist: Ivan Olinsky
kuekerel26's Self Portaits album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment