Saturday, April 27, 2013

Video review

1. I chose to watch Hockney on Photography because I wanted to learn more about and I wasn’t completely sure exactly what it was. I also chose to watch Andy Warhol: Images of an Image because I always thought Andy Warhol was a very interesting artist and I want to learn more about him. 2. Key Concept learned in Hockney on Photography • Uses the camera to create his works of art • Uses photography images to create a collage of one single scenario • Takes pictures and rearranges them with his creative ability • Needs a single end reflex to focus on certain parts of pictures • Has a very creative mind where he incorporates different elements with the pictures. Key concepts learned in Andy Warhol: Images of an Image • Ten Lives produced in 1963, used repeated pictures of a face to create one large piece of art • Warhol never wanted to be an artist, he wanted to be a tap dancer • Worked in advertising before he became famous • He could use any object and make into art such as the Campbell Soup can one of his most famous pieces. 3. The videos relate to the text because they both explain the concept of Hockney and what it is. It also does the same with Andy Warhol. The book and video both shows examples of his work along with the different ideas and concepts behind it. 4. I enjoyed watching the films and found them to be extremely interesting. I thought it was interesting learning more about Hockney and what it was. I had gotten a better understanding from watching the video. It also expanded my knowledge on Andy Warhol and his ideas. I had previous knowledge but, this expanded concepts about Warhol greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment