Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Dominant Vs. Non-Dominant

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
I thought it was an interesting concept using my hand as the subject matter because I not only had to concentrate on my hand that I was drawing with but also concentrate on my hand I was drawing.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose to use a pencil because I felt more comfortable drawing with a pencil. I feel it is more comfortable to hold a pencil rather than charcoal.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
I felt very uneasy drawing with my non-dominant hand. However, as I continued to draw my hand it didn't turn out as scribbly as I thought it would. I would consider in the future trying to use my non-dominant hand more often.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
Yes, I believe they are successful studies. I feel my drawings came out better than expected. I also thought my drawing using my non-dominant hand came out successful. 

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
Yes, I would defintly consider using my non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future. I feel that I had the misconception that I am unable to write properly with my non-dominant hand that I cannot draw properly with my non-dominant hand. This creation has taught me a lot about my drawing skills.
 photo hands_zps29db0380.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment